Who should use this service?
A Little Research is an information service only. It is designed to connect you with evidence based academic research to assist you with decision-making and problem-solving.
You should use this service if you are a business needing information, an educational institution or government or other agency needing research services in the course of your operations.
You should not use this service if you are a student for the purposes of an educational assignment or course work.
You should not use this service instead of obtaining professional advice for any application where it would be ordinary and prudent to obtain professional advice.
What is this service for?
This is a research and reporting service for the purpose of providing information about topics of interest or research. It is not an advisory service and the research and reporting information provided by this service is for your information only and not to be taken as professional advice about the topics that are the subject of the research and reporting provided.
What are the services provided?
A Little Research provides three types of service:
- Literature Search – under which we provide references/links to articles addressing your topic of interest (e.g. “what methods exist for automatically identifying the species of a flower appearing in a photograph?”); references/links to relevant and reputable published material about a topic of research to assist with your deeper research into the topic. The literature search aims to identify between 5 and 10 academic articles most relevant. Where a large number of articles are available on a topic, articles chosen may be a representative sample (e.g. existing literature reviews where available);
- Literature Review – under which we provide you with a full review and written report or survey of the subject or topic of research enquiry. The Literature Review service is designed to give you a summary and synopsis of the relevant academic literature on your topic of interest. The Literature Review does not discuss or critique methodologies or research data and does not contain any new knowledge beyond what exists in original articles or publications; and
- Other Research – the scope of which and terms and conditions of service may be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
Generally, we will provide links to open access versions of relevant articles where available as well as links to any publisher’s summary. Where open access versions are not available full publication details will be provided and it is your responsibility to obtain copies of original articles as necessary from the relevant author, publisher or authorised supplier.
What standard of services are provided?
A Little Research personnel are qualified and experienced in software development, algorithms, information security and privacy, library technology and open data. Our research services can be provided in any of these fields and we will consider projects in other areas of computing and engineering on a case-by-case basis.
A Little Research will provide the services with a level of skill and care reasonably expected of a professional research services provider experienced in the provision of such services.
The services will be provided so far as possible within agreed time limits.
What is the cost of the services?
Literature Search will usually be at the fixed fee of $120 exclusive of GST, unless otherwise quoted and agreed in writing. [GST will not be charged as we are not registered or required to be registered for GST]
Literature Review will usually be at the fixed fee of $120 exclusive of GST per article reviewed but may – depending on the scope of research required – be the subject of an agreed scope of research and Literature Review at a cost to be agreed before the work commences.[GST will not be charged as we are not registered or required to be registered for GST]
When the Literature Search or Literature Review work has been done and is ready for delivery, you will receive an email attaching our tax invoice which will be payable within 7 days.
Your Literature Search or Literature Review will be emailed to you within 2 New South Wales business days following receipt of payment of your tax invoice.
Who owns the Literature Search or Literature Review?
Once we receive payment in full for your Literature Search or Literature Review and it has been delivered to you, you are entitled to keep and use that information subject to the following:
- all intellectual property and copyright in any publication referred to in any Literature Search or Literature Review shall at all times remain the property of the relevant author, publisher or copyright owner as the case may be and should not be used by you or republished for financial benefit or for any reason except with the express written consent of the relevant owner;
- you must not republish or redistribute the information to any other person unless we give express written consent or unless that person is your employee or agent;
- A Little Research will remain forever licensed by you to use and reuse the content of any Literature Search or Literature Review for its own purposes including for financial benefit, redistribution or republication to any other person or subscriber;
- the information provided to you will not be provided to the exclusion of any other person to whom the information may be disclosed within our sole and absolute discretion.
Liability for the services and use of the services
You must keep A Little Research indemnified against any loss, damage or cost arising from or in connection with your use of the services.
As A Little Research is an information service that summarises and provides synopses of existing research and is not a professional advisory service, no warranty is given in relation to the accuracy or reliability of the information provided in any Literature Search or Literature Review.
You agree that A Little Research will bear no liability arising from or in connection with its provision of the services.
Who is A Little Research?
A Little Research is Nicholas Sheppard trading under that name with ABN 64 912 003 828
Who are you?
The person described as “you” in these terms and conditions refers to any subscriber for our services and you acknowledge that in subscribing for those services you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.